| John Donne -Negative love- |
| Wednesday, January 04, 2006 |
Negative Love John Donne (1572-1631)
I never stoop’d so low, as they Which on an eye, cheek, lip can prey. Seldom to them, which soar no higher Than virtue or the mind to admire. For sense, and understanding may Know what gives fuel to their fire: My love, though silly, is more brave, For may I miss, when’er I crave, If I know yet, what I would have.
If that be simply perfectest Which can by no way be express’d But Negatives, my love is so. To All, which all love, I say no.
If any who deciphers best, What we know not, our selves, can know, Let him teach me that nothing; this As yet my ease and comfort is, Though I speed not, I cannot miss.
Amor negativo
Nunca tanto me abatí como aquellos que en un ojo, mejilla, labio, hacen presa; Rara vez hasta aquellos que más no se remontan que para admirar virtud o mente: pues sentido e inteligencia pueden conocer aquello que su fuego aviva. Mi amor, aunque ignorante, es más audaz. Fracase yo cuando suspire, si he de saber qué desearé.
Si es simplemente lo perfecto lo que expresarse no se puede sino con negativos, así es mi amor. Al todo que todos aman digo no.
Si quien descifrar puede aquello que desconocemos, a nosotros, conocer puede, enséñeme él esa nada. Ëste, por ahora, mi alivio es y mi consuelo: aun cuando no progreso, fallar no puedo.
Versión de Purificación RibesLabels: John Donne |
posted by Alfil @ 4:01 AM  |
|
|
|